Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL - WTX Launcher Agent

Status
Not open for further replies.

PWarwick

Programmer
Nov 13, 2007
GB
Hi,

We are using WTX 8.1.0.3 and I am trying to configure the WTX Launcher Agent with SSL. I am finding that the WTX documentation is a "little thin" when it comes to explaining how to get SSL enabled.

Our requirement is to have SSL enabled just up to the Launcher Agent. In other words, incoming requests to the WTX Launcher Agent (which is located in the DMZ) need to be encrypted but traffic between the WTX Launcher Agent and the WTX Launcher (located behind the inner corporate firewall) does not need to be encrypted.

The Secure Adapter Collection has been installed on the WTX Launcher Agent computer and the WTX Launcher Agent Administration page shows the SSL Status as "available".

We intend (at this stage) to use a self-signed certificate. I have used OpenSSL to create a CA certificate and an X509 certifcate in ASN DER format.

I am trying to configure the WTX Launcher Agent to recognise the CA certificate. When I enter details into the HTTP CA, HTTP Certificate, HTTP Certificate Password, HTTP Private Key and HTTP Private Key Password fields on the Launcher Agent Administraion page and click the "Update" button the page I receive a HTTP 500 Internal Server response. I notice a "reloading startup parameters" message in the Launcher Agent log and so I assume that the Launcher Agent has "reset itself".

When I enter the admin page again (i.e. /admin) I notice that the HTTP values that I entered previously have disappeared. If I restart the launcher agent and go to the admin page then I don't see anything in the HTTP fields.

Am I doing something wrong and/or going about this the wrong way??

Does anyone have a "checklist" for SSL-enabling WTX please?? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back