Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL VPN - Onboarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbuxton101

IS-IT--Management
Nov 13, 2013
AU
Has anyone successfully setup onboarding on an Avaya IP Office to an open source SSL VPN (ie OpenVPN) ?

It is only possible to connect to AVAYA VPN Gateway 3050/3070/3090.

Yes/no. The onboarding process is designed for use with an Avaya VPN gateway only and automatically creates the configuration entries to support that. However, you can manually configure the VPN service, user and IP route for connection to any gateway yourself.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Have you actually got this going yourself with an SSLVPN? I have been trying for a few days now, getting the IP Office to connect to an OpenVPN but I am getting no where

As it is an open source VPN server & a publicly documented protocol I belive it should be possible

so fay I have not had suficent time to experiment with the varius settings

If I do have sucsess you can be sure I will post my solution here, If you manage to get thisngs working first we would all apreciate the information & I guarantee you will get a flood or stars

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

I think it is not OpenVPN. It is proprietary within a HTTPS tunnel.

The manager & docs claim it is open PN so if it is not then that is a little bit naughty to say the least.

The problem I have at the moment is my OpenVPN @ homw is set to authnticate on keys not username/password so the IPO wont connect
at some point I will try to configure one of my raspberrys and see how far I get.

Keep me in touch... If it is really OpenVPN I don't need to spend about 50$ per license...

Where did you find OpenVPN mentioned? I'm pretty sure that they only talk about SSL VPN but not OpenVPN.

I didn't find it mentioned anywhere, I have been trying it in my lab with no luck hence I posted this question

I think you are right
I put 2 & 2 togethr & got 5

will still keep trying though Avaya may be using a large value of 2 ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back