Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL Setup Tutorial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ddraig

MIS
Jul 16, 2004
US
Howdy,

I have been tasked with setting up SSL in IIS 6.0 and was curious if there are any tutorials or helpful websites out there. We're having an issue with it and displaying correctly, I'm thinking it might be a port issue but it has been forever since I've messed with SSL.

Thanks,
Owen

-

Thanks,

I should have known that there would be one for that on his page.

I have gone through the setup of this and I am still having an issue. On our main server we're thinking our port 443 is blocked. Until that is unblocked I don't know for sure if it is working correctly or not.

However as a test I setup a CA Service and gave our PC a certificate.

We're experiancing the same issue. We're able to get the 403.1 error you need to connect with https: however when we do this it says this page can not be displayed. I tried this on my PC, and on the server and had the same result.

Any suggestions?

-

So what you are saying is, when you manually typed "HTTPS" in the URL you still received the same error? Try turning off the Required SSL check box on the web-site and see if you can connect using " - are you getting the same error now?

Thanks, WKK

We managed to get it working, I was trying to replicate an issue for testing based off our main webserver. Well I think the major issue I was having was trying to create a self authenticated certificate and getting it to work. But that said the issue that prompted me to do that has been resolved :)

-

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back