Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus

Programmer
May 8, 2001
US
Okay I've read the "How To" document but I still don't get SSL to work with Apache.

I can get it to work on one server but on another when to go to

It chnages that to:

Anybody know why?

Any really good trouble shooting docs on SSL and help in general?

The other question I have is does the machine name need to mactch the site name? I assume not but on that one that "works" it keeps telling me it doesn't.

thanks for any help.
I'm a programmer who never installed this stuff until this week and am a bit lost.

You seem to be using a hosting service's SSL certificate which was issued for their server's name "...superhosting.com"

You will always get an SSL certificate error at the browser if you are trying to serve as and the certificate is for an entirely different domain name. Your webhost may have documentation that says how they prefer you to use their certificate under a hostname/subdomain context (eg.
Once you've resolved that, I'd take a look at the other issues... specifically you should check httpd.conf to ensure that your server is told to listen on :443, which is normally enabled with mod_ssl, but could be commented out or rendered useless because of the above issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back