Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSL Card issue with W2K Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmonti

IS-IT--Management
Sep 18, 2003
US
Hi Guys,
I have a question for anyone with experience in SSL offloading. I have a HP DL380 (G3) with a Compaq AXL300 PCI SSL Accelerator card installed. I do not think Windows is using the card to offload the SSL encryption.

The server is running W2k Server with SP4. The SSL card is installed along with its drivers and software. Now when I run the diagnostic software for the card, it show the card is functioning properly but my websites are showing no improvement in speed.

In reviewing the manual it states that the software installation creates a new registry key (HKEY_LocalMachine\Software\Microsoft\Cryptography\offload). In the offload key is an empty value. In this value the manual states should be the location of the middleware module (by middleware I believe the manual is refering to the .DLLs for the SSL card). The manual also states that this key is used by the S-channel DLL to offload modular exponentiation processing to the AXL300 card.

So since this value is empty Windows does not know to offload the encryption to the card. Should I place the location of the AXL300 dll in the empty value for the key? The dll is called atmwms.dll and is located in the c:\winnt\system32 folder. Should enter its exact location in the empty value for the key like this (c:\winnt\system32\atmwms.dll) or just name the DLL in the value of the key like this (atmwms.dll).

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Monti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back