Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS/SSRS integration/automation

Status
Not open for further replies.

groleau

Programmer
Apr 12, 2006
US
OK, that subject line stinks, but a better one is too long.

I am brand new to SSRS and fairly new to SSIS. I go to class next month, but I'm already having to produce.
It was easy to create an SSIS package that works perfectly to load in the data, and an SSRS report to display the data nicely in preview.

What's not so easy is

1. How to turn the report in the Studio into something that can be e-mailed to the appropriate manager.

2. How to have SSIS perform the saving and mailing.

3. How to search for answers to questions like this, which I'm sure are somewhere in BOL or the web. (What might seem the obvious search terms are too common)

--
Wes Groleau

Hi,

SSRS has a variety of scheduling and distribution options, all set from within the Report Manager interface.

Apart from using an SSIS Script task and doing things with .net i would think you need to look at "Data Driven Subscriptions", however these are only available with the Enterprise addition of SQL Server 2005.

Cheers,
Leigh

"If you had one shot, one opportunity, to seize everything you ever wanted, in one moment, would you capture it, or let it slip?" - Eminem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back