Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS Packages and Job Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

XopherS

Technical User
Dec 8, 2006
I have 8 packages that copy data using a query from MS SQL 2000 on machine 1 to MS SQL 2005 on machine 2. My package creation steps:

- Select the MS SQL 2000 server name, use server authentication, and select the db.
- Select local, use Windows authentication, and select the db.
- I write a query to specify the data. The SQL statement parses.
- I select the destination table and click [Edit] to map.
- I delete the rows in the dest. table, make sure things are mapped right, and hit OK.
- I don't execute immediately. I save as a file on my desktop.
- Package protection level is set to the default, "Encrypt sensitive data with user key".
- I name the file, and finish out. The package is saved.

I do this 7 more times, then create a job. In the job, the only thing I do that's more than "add the step, locate the file" is change the on failure action to "keep going".

I also do these steps while saving them to SQL Server, only I change the package protection level to "Rely on server storage and roles for access control".

Either way, one or two may complete successfully when I run the job, but the rest fail, and sometimes all of them fail.

When I test this by executing them immediately and not saving them or running them in an agent, they work fine.

What gives??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back