Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

niall5098

IS-IT--Management
Jun 2, 2005
IE
Hi There,

i have migrated a couple of dts packages to sql server 2008. when i execute the dtsx package from the file system they run successfully however if i run them the agent they fail with the following error:

Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_OLEDB_NOPROVIDER_ERROR. The requested OLE DB provider SQLNCLI10.1 is not registered. Error code: 0x00000000.
COM error object information is available. Source: "SSIS.Pipeline.2" error code: 0x00000000 Description: "Validation phase is beginning.
".
End Error
Error: 2012-06-06 16:36:14.91
Code: 0xC020801C
Source: DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_1 OLE DB Source [1]
Description: SSIS Error Code DTS_E_CANNOTACQUIRECONNECTIONFROMCONNECTIONMANAGER. The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager "" failed with error code 0xC0209302.

i am not sure why it is erroring on oledb providers but i would appreciate some help on the issue.

Regards,

Niall

Sounds like this to me.

When i have had this issue before i have stored the password in config files.

----------------------------------------

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind - Bernard Baruch

Computer Science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes - EW Dijkstra
----------------------------------------

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back