Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS - best approach

Status
Not open for further replies.

meckeard

Programmer
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hi all,

I'm in need of copying tables from DatabaseA to DatabaseB, both of which reside on the same server. This is needed to get the proir days data in to a reporting database (DatabaseB).

A restore would be easy but there are database objects exclusive to DatabaseB and they would get overwritten.

What's the best approach in my scenario? There are dozens of tables that need to be moved and I need the data to identical. I don't know the data well enough to determine what has changed and get just that data. That's why I'm thinking of copying all the tables.

Thanks,
Mark

I believe you could right-click on your database and choose Tasks->Export Data and follow the wizard's steps. You will have the option to save into an SSIS package. Next you only need to schedule the execution of that package.

MCP SQL Server 2000, MCTS SQL Server 2005, MCTS SQL Server 2008 (DBD, DBA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back