Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS beginner quesiton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjjax0330

IS-IT--Management
Aug 15, 2005
US
Uprading from sql 2000 to 2005 and looking for a little guidance on the best practice for managing dts. I have found my way around where I can create new ones and edit existing 2000 ones but want to know the best way to edit and maintain existing ones created under 2005. I can see them through when i connect to our server through sql server management studio and intergration services explorer but don't see an edit option, only import and export. If I export to a file then open it, I can modify them but wanted to know if there is an easier way to edit directly through the management studio? Thanks, Joe

jjjax0330

As far as I've found so far once you upload a package tot he server you have to export it and import it to edit it, you also can't move packages around so if you create sub foldes to store packages as we have ie, data load, nightly process etc you can't easily move packages around.

I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by
Douglas Adams
(1952-2001)

You can not edit a package you have deployed without the original project files. SSIS packages are compiled files once you build the project. even if you deploy the packages to the filesystem you can't edit them. Your really should check your projects and files into some sort of Source Control application.

Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back