Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSIS 2008 Transfer Database Task failed

Status
Not open for further replies.

McGurk

Programmer
May 19, 2010
US
The package is set up to copy a database from one 2008 sql server to another 2008 sql server. Need to set up a job to do this on a daily basis. I have tried my package in BIDS and installed on the server, fails with the same message each time. Cannot find anything on the web or MSDN documentation that helps.

See error below:

SSIS package "mypkg.dtsx" starting.

Error: 0xC0024104 at mypgk: The Execute method on the task returned error code 0x80131500 (Detach database failed for Server 'mydatabase'. ). The Execute method must succeed, and indicate the result using an "out" parameter.

Task failed: mypkg

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

For anyone who may get this error, I may have found the answer. It appears that a log must be created for use by the Execute method. Go to SSIS > Logging to set up the log. My package now works in both BIDS and as a job on the server.

No, still getting the error. Intermitant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back