Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSH Sentinel to Cisco VPN 3060 Concentrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

caskater

Technical User
Mar 21, 2004
US
Hi again. Ok, this time i'm trying to set up a VPN tunnel to a VPN 3060 concentrator located at my school. My school provides the Cisco VPN Client 3.6.2 software and it works great, but i'm trying to also be able to use VPN with my FVS318 router at home, and i've discovered that Cisco's client won't work. Since Sentinel and Cisco do not like being installed side by side i'm left with the only option to try and get everything to work on Sentinel. The Cisco client is really easy to set up. I just pop in the address, then tell it what group and password to connect with and its done. So my question is... what are the settings that Cisco's VPN client uses so that I can get Sentinel to work? Does anyone know how I can get these two things working? Thanks a bundle.

Cisco's VPN client tries different phase one and phase two proposals until it matches the policies configured on the headend device. These policies are hashing algorithm, encryption algorithm, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back