Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSC card, for option 11 c release 4.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

NAA9983

Technical User
Jul 8, 2012
GB
Dears,

I want to buy NTDK20JA (SSC) card, and I already have NTSK40AC, and my dongle, when I got the NTDK20JA and install the NTSK40AC and the Dongle, is it gonna work, or I should download the software of R 4.5? and where to get the software?

You can replace the SSC card with the same release, but it needs to have the same dongle and daughterboard as the two would have already been "paired" via the keycode and software installation.

If the daughterboard was corrupted, then it would need formatting and reloading with the software and keycodes etc as well as a copy of the customers database, unless you were still using the original SSC card.

If the same SSC card was being used, then you can follow a process of restoring the database onto the daughterboard.

My question I have for you is why are you changing out the SSC card?. They are normally very stable. It's usually the daughterboard that has problems.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian 1 / Succession and BCM / Norstar Programmer in the UK

If it's working, then leave it alone!.

okay, I have something called OVL420, and OVL400. so I changed the ssc card, and put the same daughter board, and the dongle, change the SID to be as the old one, and everything is working now, I want to buy another one and prepare it to be as a spare one? but I don't know If I buy the NTDK20JA as card, does it need a software, and other things such as passwords, or it all will be stored at the daughter board NTSK40AC,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back