Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSC card 11C 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qamar177

Technical User
May 28, 2019
PK
I want to change SSC card of Meridian 11C because of Maintenance terminal is malfunctioning(showing exchange output, not accepting my input).
Please guide me if I replace the SSC card should I configure all the exchange or my programming will not be affected ?

Are you using TYY 0?. This terminal is the master one that just requires the baud rate to be changed via the dip switches on the face plate. The cable should have a "0" on it.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Yes am using tty 0.
What do you mean by "0" on cable ?
Can we change dip switches position and select other baud rate means can we select 4800 or 11200 etc ? Will terminal work by doing so ??

Can I connect opt 11c with PC via Serial to Ethernet cable ?

Thanks @firebird scrambler.
I have taken following steps,
1. Changed Serial to USB cable.
2. Uninstalled and reinstalled drivers for USB to serial converter.
3. Verified cable and null modem by shorteng pin 2 and 3, it displays my keyboard input at screen.
4. I tried both Procomm plus and SecureCRT.
5. I changed PC.
6. I tried different baud rate as well as 9600.
7. I soft restarted meridian 11c as well as hard restart.

But issue still not resolved I am unable to communicate with Exchange. Anybody please help.

Some time response is as (attached video clip).

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7351c954-4027-42a6-9ed0-51284feb02fd&file=VID_20190923_221359.mp4
OK. Have you confirm that TTY 0 is one of 3 TTY cables that plugs into the single outlet below the Grill where the SSC card is located?. Have you got an expansion cabinet fitted?. I don't think that you can use the single TTY cable on the 11c SSC card whereas you could do this on the older 11 and 11e versions.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

From looking at both photos, I can see that you have a single TTY cable attached and the main cabinet where the SSC card is located should a 3 TTY cables attached to a single outlet. You need to get the correct cable.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Thanks @firebird scrambler.
I agree with you but this cable was working smoothly till Friday. I am facing this problem since Friday.

Another thought I have is have you tried going into "pdt"?. Press and hold the Ctrl key and then press p d t followed by enter. I had this problem once. I then either did exit or reboot -1 to reset the phone system.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

Yes I tried 3 PC/laptop, 2 cables, 3 programs(Procomm plus, SecureCRT and putty), also switched off entire system by removing it's power also by pressing "init" button located on SSC card.

What will be the Result of "pdt" ?

I've known some TTY corruption to happen and by chance, I logged into pdt which is the area where you can do things outside of the normal programming. I had loads of "?????????????????" on my screen and when I went into "pdt" I saw the normal writing. I either did exit or keyed sl1input to get to the normal TTY login section.

Are you using a null modem adapter?.

Firebird Scrambler

Website = linkedin

So how are you connecting that 9 pin cable to the 25 pin connector off of port 0 of the ssc card?????????

I went back through your photos and you are connected directly to the SDI port on the bottom of the cabinet, you cant do that. You need the 3 port cable connected there

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back