Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSAS Condiotnal Selection

Status
Not open for further replies.

ganjass

Technical User
Dec 30, 2003
GB
SSAS 2005

Hi all, I'm having a can't see the wood for the trees momment, and was wondering if someone could shine a light..

I've got a fact table that contains Purchase orders of 3 different types that i have created 3 seperate flags for so that i can show a count of the Purchase order types. This fact table is also degenerate Dimension. So for arguements sake PO types A,B &C.

What i want to do is make it so that i can display the underlying Purchase orders for each measure e.g
Type A count 360, I would like to only see the 360 Purchase orders out of 1 million Purchase orders that make up the type A, and the same for B & C when i drag on the dimensions.

What i got was The full 1million + PO's with 0's and 1's where applicable for the types, and the same for other dimensions.

I tried creating a view on the fact table to split the PO lines out into 3 different dimensions so that i could link them on that, but that didn't work out either..

Any help much appreciated

Thanks

in your view case out your 0 values and make them NULL SSAS treats null and 0s very differently. you could also possibly do it in a calculated member where you would IIF and replace 0 with Null.

Paul
---------------------------------------
Shoot Me! Shoot Me NOW!!!
- Daffy Duck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back