Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SSA PING error through SIP TRUNK "In Service"

vtt2019

Technical User
Jul 6, 2019
BR
Hi Sirs: I am testing a SIP Trunk between an IPO Server r12 (Node 1 - Virtual Machine in Subnet 1) and an IP500 r9 (Node 2 - Subnet 2). I am using symmetric SIP Trunk configurations in both sides. All calls through SIP Trunk from Node 2 to Node 1 are ok. However, from Node 1 to Node 2, I always receive an error (UNOBTAINABLE) in the phone´s screen. To test IP Connectivity, I created an H323 LINE (H250) between Node 1 and Node 2, and I could make calls in both directions without problem, so I assume IP Connectivity is OK (besides there is no firewalls or filters between Subnet 1 and Subnet 2, only simple IP routing).
When I use SSA in Node 2 to check the SIP Trunk, I see is IN SERVICE and I can make a PING to Node 1 without problem as expected (I use the PING button).
When I use SSA in Node 1 to do the same, I also see is IN SERVICE but I cannot make PINGs to Node 2. All PINGs fail (???) using SSA.
If I get ROOT access to Node 1 to make PINGs from LINUX Command Line, all PINGs are ok (???).

Question: How is it possible to make PINGs at LINUX level to Node 1 and fail repeating the same at SSA level?
I think this is the reason of my SIP Trunk failure but I don´t know what else I could check?? I have few experience with IP OFFICE, please help!!

Un UPDATE please... Using SSA in Node 1 but in the IP ROUTES section. When I tried to make a PING to the same IPO Server (Virtual Machine), it is not working (??). Again, at the LINUX level, I can make PING to anybody without problem.
But I cannot make PING to any Host in the same subnet using SSA. How could it be possible? Please help!!

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back