Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SS3 3300XM losing connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thnoss

IS-IT--Management
Feb 11, 2003
GB
On of my 3300's was losing connection to the network three times in one day, so I have replaced it with a spare switch, but what I would like to do is run some form of diagnostic test on the switch, and was hoping someone could give me some advice on the best way to do this. Also is there a tool or app out there that will enable me to monitor all the 3com switches I have and if one goes down I will be able to know that it is faulty, and can replace asap.

Regards

"That which does not kill us, only makes us stronger

3com has a network management utility to monitor switches. you can download the 30 day trial version, but if you have some new switches, the utility is included.

You can also enable "snmp" on the switches and use any network management utility such as Whats Up Gold to monitor the switches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back