Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRW.USER_EXIT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ociruj

Programmer
Nov 8, 2002
PH
Hi,

im a newbie in oracle applications. i understood that srw.user_exit is used for multi-org co, so the report will fetch records from the organization. am i right? but, how will i know what organization does this call? or pass through my report. how will i pass this to get the description of the organization that i need.

for example, organization_id = 1, org_desc = 'ABC', organization_id = 2, org_desc = 'DEF'?

I would like to display the org_desc into my report.

thanks

User exits are used to do some data processing with modules written in languages, like Pro*C, which can not be used directly within Reports. The best place I found (though a bit old) to read about user exits in Applications reports is here:
The task your are describing can be done using simple PL/SQL formula selecting value from a table, so there is no need to use user exit in this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back