Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRPT062 request to register TN rejected...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Semantics

Technical User
Feb 19, 2016
CA
Hi

How do you unregister an 1150 IP set when you don't know where it is?

I cant find any unreg commands in ld 117.

There isnt one, trace the phone.
LD 117 prt DNIP <set DN>
once you have the IP trace route find out the path to it then trace in the data switches
CISCO example would be to use "show ip arp <ip addr>" get the MAC then "show mac-address-table address <mac addr>" (commands vary a bit between IOS levels but should lead you in the general direction)
follow through till you find the data port then follow the cable to the floor port

Or if you really don't want to find it MOV it unless it is ACD, if it is remove and rebuild on new TN register new set to the new TN. See if any one complains about the old one.

Ld 117 just do rst tn

rst will reset the tn and cause it to unregister and reboot. You can build your own set with the same tn so you register first instead of the tn you just reset.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

then next time you patch or power off or anything else that causes a TPS outage you get a 50/50 as to which one comes up.

I thought the purpose was to find the phone, not be a permanent fix. Not sure why you would want to leave it like that Bignose.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back