Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SRG 50/ SRG200/400

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goodnight1880

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
I've heard a couple of rumors that SRG is EOL. Is there any truth to this? My customer has even heard this and is wondering if its true. Thanks

They did MD SRG 1.5, based on BCM 200/400 on release 4 software. There was an uproar about that and the MD status was revoked. That was sometime in fall 2008.

I'd suspect that SRG 1.5 (200/400) would go MD again in the future since the SRG 50 handles as many IP phones as the 200/400 SRG platform does. It's the sites that want a lot of analog that still need the 400 platform. Far as I know, SRG 50 is here to stay.

I haven't heard any word about whether SRG software will ever make it to the 450 platform though.

SRG is not set to be available on the BCM450 at this time and it IS scheduled to stay with the BCM 50. The BCM 200/400 versions are still up in the air if in fact Nortel brings out the 5.0. Just make sure that if you are using SIP to a CS1K that you bring all systems to 3.0 on the SRG50 because the compatabiliy matrix is wrong and they are not FULLY compatible with SRG50 2.0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back