Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Src Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmt4331

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
US

The following code produces a msg box w/ "Cannot find xxx file". What is wrong w/ this code?

<html>

<title>Lesson Three</title>

<head>

</head>

<body>

<a href=&quot;#&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('C:\NotesSQL\Docs\H_OPTIMIZING_FOR_ORDER_BY_CLAUSE.html','Window_One');
return false;&quot;>Window Number One.</a>

<br>

<a href=&quot;#&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('C:\NotesSQL\Docs\H_OPTIMIZING_FOR_WHERE_CLAUSE.html','Window_Two');return false;&quot;>Window Number Two.</a>
<br>

<a href=&quot;#&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('C:\Program Files\JSConsole\jre\docs\README-ZH.JRE.HTML','Window_One');return false;&quot;>Window Number One.</a>

</body>

</html>

Can't see anything wrong with the code. It simply looks like the files aren't there that you are trying to open.

Hope I helped / Thanks for helping
if ((Math.abs(x)<10&&Math.abs(y)<10) && (((parseInt(Math.abs(x).toString()+Math.abs(y).toString())-Math.abs(x)-Math.abs(y))%9)!=0)) {alert(&quot;I'm a monkey's uncle&quot;);}

you'll need to escape all backslashes in your paths: change all &quot;\&quot; to &quot;\\&quot;

e.g.
<a href=&quot;#&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('C:\NotesSQL\Docs\H_OPTIMIZING_FOR_ORDER_BY_CLAUSE.html','Window_One');

to
<a href=&quot;#&quot; onclick=&quot;window.open('C:\\NotesSQL\\Docs\\H_OPTIMIZING_FOR_ORDER_BY_CLAUSE.html','Window_One');

=========================================================
try { succeed(); } catch(E) { tryAgain(); }
-jeff

D'oh!
Do you know, I just fixed exactly the same problem with something else, and then completely missed it here!

[flush2]

Hope I helped / Thanks for helping
if ((Math.abs(x)<10&&Math.abs(y)<10) && (((parseInt(Math.abs(x).toString()+Math.abs(y).toString())-Math.abs(x)-Math.abs(y))%9)!=0)) {alert(&quot;I'm a monkey's uncle&quot;);}

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back