Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel Sysetm Configuration Changes 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsgw

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
US
The restaurant that purchased the POS system did not get any manuals. So far I have figured out most of the system but there are a few things I need to change and to date have not been able too.

1. How do I change the restaurant name?
2. How do I change the taxes charged?
3. How is the host printer configured and can it be changed?
4. Is there a place I can get copies of some manuals?
5. Any other special configurations issues I may have missed?

Thanks in advance,

1. Restaurant name & name of software are two things. To change the Restaurant name go to System Configuration>CTRL+PGDWN>#1 Configuration Setup>#1 Major POS Options 1. If it's the name of the software -- you can't change it. This is software that had been specifically made and licensed to a user. If it's not your dba name at the top, it is, potentially, not your software.
2. System Configuration>CTRL + PGDWN>#? Tax & Service Charge Setup.
3. System Configuration> ALT + F1>printer codes. Select the type of printer down below and try printing a report. If it doesn't print nicely, try a different code. Even though the name of the printer is different, it may work with several models of the same brand. If it doesn't work with any of the printer codes in there...go get another printer. Dot Matrix printers can be picked up used and in good shape.
4. Manuals may be found at auctions, but to obtain them for sure you would have to go through squirrel directly or one of there other offices.
5. Probably, yes.

When you are in System configuration, you can always press ALT + H in any screen to access help. It's very very useful and is how I taught myself this program.

Thanks for the information, it was very helpful. It filled in the final gaps that I was missing.

Now the only thing I now left to configure is the creditcard authorization and setting up the modems. I have the numbers for the merchant and the different CC companies. One more question, how does the system dial the modems for CCA?

Thanks again for your help.

Yes the CCA system should dial your modems.

However if you do not have M1 at the front of your init string in DRVCFG you will not hear them. M1 controls whether sound is on or off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back