Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel POS Terminals Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnsgw

IS-IT--Management
Apr 23, 2003
US
I am still having problems with the cable configuration.  The system did not come with cables and I have fried a couple of chips so far.  I cant seem to get the pin outs right from the terminals to match the host converter. There is one Workstation V and two Workstations VI.

Also, two of the terminals when they power on state "Loading Altprog" while the other states "Loading Program". Is there a difference and how do I change from one to the other. The Workstation V boots the diag in the DOCTOR program but does not boot under NUT - Start POS.

Thanks.

"Loading Alt Prog" is caused by the terminals screen being touched when it is turned on. Sometimes, there can be something stuck to the screen that can cause it (around the housing of the terminal, like a piece of rice or something ;-)

Turn all the terminals off and clean them with a slightly damp cloth. You can also use a badge card to go around the edges of the touch screen housing. Turn them all on and make sure they are all at "Loading Program Page 0" then start point of sale from the server.

If a terminal is loading the alt program (diagnostic program) you must reboot them (on/off) to exit from alt program and allow them to re-load.

I cleaned the screens and went around the edge but they still boot "Loading Altprog". I made sure that I did not touch the screen when powering on. Any more ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

1. It's a damaged overlay that is sensing a "touch" when powering on.

2. It's a silly piece of something stuck to the screen which you can't see and reach without cracking taking the workstation apart.

Contact with the screen while powering up is the only thing that causes 'loading alt prog'

I have a problem with version 1.2 of the Squirrel. The POS blocks with much frequency when I make some type of operation, like when I give payment. When I go to event log in Point of sale control appears this message. Error: table error in department 2 (Restaurant) table 2 (2).

I think the POS blocks because it loses the communication with squirrel server .
To initiate again the pos system, it's necessary to activate again the services.

When I go the POS/TERMINAL,Point of sale control. Where it appears the message (host is alive), it appears (sending failure).

The squirrel icone in the tools bar close to the hours loses the net points.

Somebody knows what's happen here? help me please.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back