Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel POS sales update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alacarte

Technical User
Aug 23, 2003
US
I forgot to run "end of period" for gross sales and net sales when the fiscal year ended. Now when I try to update gross and net sales I get a message that says "fiscal period exceeded, run end of period, and change period date." If I do that, will I lose the sales data compiled since this fiscal year actually began? I am telling the system to "update anyway" so I have more than one year of sales data running. Thanks for any help.

I am no expert but, I had to do this 2 weeks into this year. Labor was messed up, that is what let me know.
1) save current config and day
2) restore last day of last fiscal period. ie 12/28
3) run end of period routines
4) start updating with the first day of the next fiscal period. ie 12/29 this will take a while since it is now Aug.
I hope this helps...
Anabrew

Backup your gross sales/net sales within housekeeping.
Print any reports that you need for the previous fiscal year.

Run the fiscal end of period and clear all your totals.

go into setup for gross sales/net sales and set the fiscal start date for the beginning of your year. BUT -- the date that you specify will be the DAY that your weeks start on. So, if you dated it for 08/01/2003, which is a friday, your weeks would run Friday to Thursday.
So, even though my fiscal start date is 08/01/2003, I would backdate this to 07/28/2003, which is a monday to make my weeks run correctly -- monday to sunday.

Once I've set my date I would update the first day of my fiscal period -- in this case 08/01/2003 and keep updating until I'm current -- backing up at the end of each week.

So glad that we ran over the squirrel. Issues like backing up and closing out took days. How about doing labor on 50 tipped employees. The information was impossible. Hope no one else makes the very expensive mistake I made.

We've actually been up and running on Squirrel for just over a year now and things are still running smoothly. We have a great local vendor...maybe that's the problem others are having. Our setup/installation went ok, but since then we've had to place 2 phone calls for help, and that was just credit card issues. I embrace the squirrel whole-heartedly. It is a little pricey, but it's basically the difference between a BMW and a Hyundai. Frankly, as a fine dining establishment, I prefer something that is more solid and functional, rather than cheap. I'm glad I made the investment.

Steve

I agree enilc -- we've had our squirrel system for almost 4 years now and I have had to call for help once when we first got the system and the power went out (I panicked ;-)

I think that most people who complain about it are people who didn't get proper training -- our training was fantastic and the setup and installation of the system was outstanding. My Uncle has the same system in SK for 15 years and swears by it. Glad I listened to him and went with squirrel.

I agree. The bonus reaaly comes when you're at the point of needing to upgrade to get with the times. What would have cost over $10,000 in software cahrges was free becasue we are a supported customer. Squirrel also gave us a trade in value for our used equipment. The new system is SO much easier to use. We hardly had to re-train our staff, they picked up on all the new features right away. I really like that you can make changes as the system is running and have them take affect right away. And adjusting checks is SOOOOOO much easier. Now we harldy ever need to call the support desk for cash out problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back