Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel POS: Customer account number on credit card slip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alacarte

Technical User
Aug 23, 2003
US
Hi -- I'm running Squirrel 3.2 and need to modify the program to comply with the law against printing customers' credit card numbers on their receipts. I've combed the system manual and can't find any reference to changing the information that is printed on the receipts. Does anyone know how to do it?
MANY THANKS!

If you don't have a current version, the option doesn't present itself. The one we have is 4.01.35 or thereabouts [on the installation CD's]. On the System Config screen, it shows ver. 3.60b.

In System Config, you go Ctrl-PgDn to get to get to System Setup, then 1. Configuration Setup, and 3. Credit Card Slip Options. It should be 5. Mask CC Number. If you only see 4 options, your version is too old.

Carter

I have heard of a special version of 3.2 that was developed for a restaurant group that masked Credit Cards who didn't want to upgrade. It wasn't a new version number, but they created it for stores that had to mask but didn't want to buy new versions.

Squirrel doens't support credit card masking prior to version 3.5, which requires a PCI Rocketport card (Comtrol.com) in place of the ISA Octal card.

If someone has "developed" a workaround, I'd be wary. Your POS is usually pretty critical to your business. Trusting your finances to such 3rd-party software is risky.

An upgrade to 3.5 would cost about $3k for 4 terminals. Another $1600 for the software if you are not under software support coverage from Squirrel. That part is free if you are currently covered. (Just went through this recently).

enilc

enilc@yahoo.com

re:I have heard of a special version of 3.2 that was developed for a restaurant group that masked Credit Cards who didn't want to upgrade. It wasn't a new version number, but they created it for stores that had to mask but didn't want to buy new versions.

>>>This version was specially created for this restaurant group, who fully funded the many, many hours it took to re-write the DOS program to CA state law.

Though version 4.x does offer Credit Card masking; this masking is most configurable in versions 1.20 and above; where you can decide what gets hidden and what gets shown, depending on what your particular state law says you need to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back