Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

squirrel error: Batch Close Failure(-7)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dowcra

MIS
Apr 15, 2003
US
I am using Squirrel 4.01 on NT
and getting the error:

"Batch Close Failure(-7): Visa Rejected Posting for Check #: 0,(804 )"

I called my squirrel rep and they said they would look at it (3 days ago). From past experience I am not that hopeful that they will help me ("Squirrel support is worth it's weight in gold, and if you want it you will have to buy it through me and write a big fat check") I have a card reader at the bar and we run everything through it, so I am not that pinched yet. I talked to Visanet - they say squirrel can tell me. If anyone can tell me anything they know, that would be great.

it's not THAT bad at getting back to people...

But anyways...

The error message you are receiving comes from invalid data on one of the cards.

The numbers in the bracket usually point to which card it is.

However it is quite misleading at most times, which is why Squirrel support calls Visanet, since they can tell us exactly which card needs to be adjusted

What I would do as a start is to look through your voucher detail report and try to find any cards that look "weird"

ie.
0 dollar amounts
really long card numbers
funky auth codes
and cards that don't start with the standard numbers
amex -- 3
visa --4500 and up
mastercard -- 5100 and up
Discover 6011 and up

If all else fails ... call Squirrel support with a ref# which I hoped they supplied you, they will get you to fax the CCVDR over and will need your 7 digit V# (found by going into Squirrel\data\tomorrow, enter DOS type SD2, then enter, then type drvcfg... keep pressing enter until you get a bunch of info, auth numbers etc... it's in there)

They will then call Visanet and have the card number

Best times to call are in the evening... about 2-3 hours before your closing time, or first thing in the morning
From experience this process can take an hour at the right times

Oh and if you DO find the funcky card... recreate it in the check adjustments or simply delete it then do a paid in next business day

Hope that helps

BTW... squirrel now has an email support system which works reallllllly good and fast
Check it out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back