Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel colour vs black and white terminals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anabrew

Technical User
Jul 29, 2003
US
Bought colour Squirrel V terminals off e-bay (by mistake), instead of black and white. They do not act very stable on my Ver3.50.36 Windows NT version. Ideas? Can I replace the "colour" chip with an aftermarket (or used) black and white chip inside the terminal? Changes to config?

can you provide some details on "unstable" when you use this workstation? Is it the workstation that is unstable when used or the entire system?

The B&W and Colour workstations are interchangable -- there should be no impact, to my knoweldge, in system performance/issues.

Terminal version is 3.35e??? how do i check for sure?? B.T.W. the system is XP not NT. The workstation was unstable, not the system. probably just the workstation, if you say that they are interchangeable. Ended up taking the touch screen out of the colour unit and replaced the worn out one(done button) on my B/W station.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back