Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squirrel 4.0 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

CubbieFan

Technical User
May 16, 2005
I have a big problem and hope someone here might have an answer. I have a Squirrel system that is running their 4.0 software. Here's the problem; I shutdown my business day as I normally do but the reports are blank as are the credit card posting link. When I restart the business day I see that the sales are there but when I shutdown the reports remain blank. I see the files saving when I shutdown and I don't receive any type of error message. I don't have a support contract so I am asking if anyone on this board knows whats the problem. Thanks in advance for any help!

Can you make sure you are doing a normal shutdown at the end of the business day. You should see the day save and then a program called "dataconvert" should run, converting your sales data into the SQL reporting database.

If you don't see the dataconvert program running at shutdown (possibly because you are doing an abnormal termination at the end of the night??), then you can run in manually -- the program lives in C:\Squirrel\Program\Datconvrt.exe I think it's called -- or dataconvert.exe.
This will open a window and show you business days in a box -- with the month and day of the sales date -- simply check off the ones you want and click convert.

Also, when you are bringing up the system for a NEW business day, you do not want to RESTART POS, but START POS -- this will reset your sales back to 0 for the new day.

Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back