Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Squealing on outbound calls/trunks with new carrier......

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcommusa

Technical User
Sep 28, 2006
US
We have a site with an Option 11c that had at&t as their provider for copper/pots-ground start trunks. They just switched to a new carrier that hands off voice/data through a Adtran.The Adtran uses the carriers T-1 as the in/out bound path for voice/data. The Adtran provides the pots/copper trunk hand-off to the Opt.11(Most carriers have this product-XO,Cavalier,Paetec--etc..) They have/had 15 copper ground start trunks. After cutting over to the new Carrier-every out-bound call is squealing-(soon as you dial "9")
The carrier has tried every adjustment on their end.
My question-Has any one ran into this issue?
Any programming changes in LD 14 that might help?
BIMP?-etc. Any way to pad copper/trunks?
Any issue with rev of Universal trunk cards?
Any ideas-The site is far from office with no remote option!!!!
Thank you!

look at the pdca and pcml prompts on the trunks.. and check the book for switch settings.. it's beens over a decade since i played with copper, but you can pad those

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Get a T1 card and move T1 right to switch

I have ad a simular problem once with a site that was 1block from CO. Trunks were to hot. We just ended up porting numbers to T1 and had no more problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back