Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLXML question

Status
Not open for further replies.

sodakotahusker

Programmer
Mar 15, 2001
This is a tweener question which really deals more with the XMLDocument object than SQL Server but it was suggested I post this here (from asp.net).

I borrowed some code from work that use SQLXML to create a dynamic menuing structure. It is pretty cool. Unfortunately I can't use SQLXML on my web host. I am not extremely knowledgeable about XML and the tools available. This returns some xml tags using the For XML keyword in sql The SQLXML object then works some magic on it, which appears to me to be simply makes it well formed XML by putting the beginning and closing tags around the returned string. If that is true, I should be able to simulate that by returning the string from the database and appending my own tags and assigning it to an XMLDocument object. Can anyone tell me if I am way out in left field here or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back