Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLServer 7.0 'sqlmaint.exe' on W2K Advanced

Status
Not open for further replies.

BootMeUp

MIS
May 31, 2000
US
We're having intermittent failure of 'sqlmaint' on an Advanced W2K server (4 processors, 8GB RAM). This occurs in jobs run in the wee hours to load data, backup db's, etc.
To my knowledge, this hadn't happened until recently when I installed two MS security patches, 'MS01-060' and 'MS02-007' . These upgrade SQL 7 to vers .1004 and .1021 respectively. Version is now 7.00.1021
I decided to restore back to vers .961 (SP3), to see if this would solve problem. I then discovered that the jobs depended on the 'xpstar.dll', which was added in the vers .1021 (MS02-007), and wouldn't run.
To go back to the original (or .1004 vers), I'll have to recreate all the maintenance jobs.
The .1021 version works okay on two Win NT 4.0 servers. So I suspect that W2K 'Advanced' and the 'xpstar.dll' don't like each other.
Anyone run into this specific problem and have workaround?

Steve A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back