Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLNet2 doesn't send any syn/ack's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danielpb

Technical User
Sep 4, 2006
GB
Okay people!
New to this hello all!

I'm ruining splat and Sqlnet2 is causing problems as it doesn't send any syn/ack's after the initial connection setup, but continues from the last port number so the firewalls drop responses as part of the anti-replay mechanism.

I know you can edit the $FWDIR/boot/modules/fwkern.conf and adding the lines
fw_trust_rst_on_port=1521

and that works fine but I not sure how you add multiple ports (Note not all ports!!!!)

I've tried "1521,1692" as <port no> but it only takes the 1521. I've tried "1521 1692" but the fw ctl set command thinks that I am adding too many parameters. Even If you issue this as two separate lines, you only get the last value you entered.

Please help!

Dan

I've seen this before (I think with oracle) where about 20 connections are opened up when the service starts, and these are just re-used. I got round it by increacing the session timeout for the port object to the maximum (24 hours). As each session was used at least once a day, the problem was fixed.

Or editing the user.def file with

deffunc user_accept_non_syn() { dport = 1521 or dport = 1692 };

might do the trick if that doesn't help

Cheers I have a go andlet you know how i get on....

many thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back