Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLMail + From Address

Status
Not open for further replies.

vlitim

Programmer
Sep 2, 2000
GB
Is it possiblt to set the From address when you are sending from SQL??

Cheers
Tim

In my understanding the answer would be NO. The probem is that you are sending it from a specific mail profiles email account.. no spoofing.

You might want to look into SMTP mail functionality. This can be achieved via CDONTS and sp_oaCreate. Or there are a couple of SQLserver SMTP agents out there for the grabbing..

check out

I believe it is run by Gert Draipers who used to be the SQL client tool manager for MS

HTH

Rob
PS Look around his site, got some really cool code snips!

Sadly the answer is no. SQLMail will only send from the email address configured in the mail client. I would recommend xp_smtp_sendmail. I have used it several times to send large quanties of email, and it works great.

I would stay away from the sp_oa procedures when ever possible. There are memory leak issues with using the sp_oa procedures that creap up after time and are very hard to track down.

Some of these memory issues were fixed in sp3a but not all.

Denny

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back