Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLBase to MS SQL 2000 nearly done, but stuck ?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

funky08

Programmer
Apr 10, 2008
DE
Hi professionals,
i was asked to do a migration of SqlBase 7.5.1 to MS SQL Server 2000 in Windows 2K3 Server.

Because the Software we use is in need of a proper SQL.ini i decided to use the centura odbc router and connect to MS SQL by dsn.

The migration-process was done by a tool supplied by the Software-vendor (out of business now, so no support to ask there).
Now the Software works with some amazing substitutions in sql. ini as following at the end,

BUT some Querys are not computed correctly, when the colums content consists of concatenated strings and has no name given. Sample:

SELECT (...), dbo.TRIM( ISNULL(COL1, '') ) + ', ' + dbo.TRIM( ISNULL(COL2, '') ), COLN, (...) FROM Table WHERE ...

All the colums with a given name are shown correctly, but this special one not. Any ideas?
I tried to do a substitution adding an "AS NAME" to this line, but there the problem is how to use the "," because it is the seperator of the substitution-command in sql.ini.

Maybe anyone has a good idea, because i really got stuck here thanks.

here the part of sql.ini:
[odbcrtr]
substitute=SYSADM.,
substitute=@nullvalue,ISNULL
substitute=@trim,dbo.TRIM
substitute=||,+
substitute='1'+' ' + dbo.TRIM(auftragsart),fixfield

substitute=@,
remotedbname=SQL2K,DSN=SQK2K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search