Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQLBase ODBC Connectoin Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

BernicusMaximus

Programmer
Sep 13, 2006
US
Gurus,

I'm getting an error trying to connect to SQLBase 9.0 database via an ASP page. The error I am getting is (Invalid attribute/option identifier). Here is my connection string DSN=SQLBase;DB=LFEEDER;SRVR=Server1;UID=SOMEUSER;PWD=SOMEPASSWORD. I'm not doing anything fancy in the code, just trying to open the connection. In the ODBC Administrator, if I click "test connection", I get a success. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bernie

You should be able to define the database name in your ODBC datasource so that you can just put DSN=DSNNAME;UID=SOMEUSER;PWD=SOMEPASSWORD.

LandryC,

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I have tried that and a myriad other connection string settings to no avail. This is happening after an upgrade from SQLBase 8.x to 9.1. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Bernie

interested in a position of Centrua developer in FLA? nataliez@teaminfo.com

When you updated the database I presume that you updated the driver pack. I think our server guy put on driverpack9012win_13770.zip and then we could connect without problems.

I used the following connectionstring but am connecting using .net:

DataSource=SERVER;DRIVER={Gupta SQLBase};DATABASE=DATABASENAME;UserId=username;Password=password;

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back