Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

sqlbase not connecting to database, need help

Status
Not open for further replies.

1268admin

Technical User
May 12, 2005
First off, I'm not adept at this, so bear with me.

I've been left with a database I'm trying to connect to using sqlbase (v 7.5.1). The database and all programs reside on a single computer, it's not used over a network.

I've installed sqlbase client. sql.ini setting is:

[win32client.ws32]

serverpath=server1,1.1.1.1,2155/* where 1.1.1.1 is substituted for the ip address of the computer it's installed on.

I've tried to connect via sqltalk with no luck, I get the dreaded "cannot connect" no matter what I try (I'm a novice)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hello,

which connectivity dll is used by the server ??
When you define a socket ip communication the sever also must set up with thic protocol.

That means eg:

[dbnt1sv]
servername=Server1,SQLWS32
DBNAME=ISLAND,SQLWS32

Thanks, Oliver.

Well, the "server" is the same machine. I don't have dbntsrv.exe running on that machine, and it seems like I need it, correct? That may be the crux of my problem.

Can I just run through the sqlserver setup to install this, do I need the client AND the server, should I de-install and start again? Might seem like simple questions, but again I'm not real comfortable with SQL setup.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back