Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql7 - Sql2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wulfdog

MIS
Feb 19, 2001
US
I hope this is the place to post this. I haven't done any research yet on this topic...this is my starting point.

We might be getting a new server that has W2k Adv Serve with SQL 2000. Currently, we have a NT4.0 Server with SQL7 that has several different databases. One of those databases we would like to transfer to the new server, that has SQL2000. Would this be possible to do?

I was involved with upgrading SQL6.5 to SQL7, and there was a process that the upgrade did to update the databases. Would I have to do something to somehow convert the SQL7 database to SQL2000?

Now, if all this is possible how exactly would this be done. I don't believe I can simply restore a SQL7 database to a SQL2000 unless there is a untilty in SQL2000.

Thanks for the help.

Nick

You can restore a database backup of SQL7 on SQL2000 or you can , from Enterprise AMnager use the CopyDatabase Wizard to copy the database ... Right click on the Databases folder in EM then select the wizard...

Thanks for the info guys. Quick response :) I just looked at the White Papers for upgrading and I was going to ask about the Copy Database Wizard. That looks like the option to go.

I will look at the link for more information.

Thanks again for the help.

Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back