Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL2005 - Add SSIS pkg to multi step job

Status
Not open for further replies.

selaine

Programmer
Oct 11, 2001
US
Hi. I hoping to get some help incorporating an SSIS package (either via SQL or file) into a job with multiple steps. The SSIS package would take place somewhere in the middle of the steps. I'm running SQL 2005 on a Windows 2003 Server OS. The SSIS package drops an existing table in the database, re-creates it and then populates the table with data from our mainframe. We previously ran this in a SQL Server 2000 environment with no problem and it ran nightly. The additional steps involve manipulation of another table in the database (called rico_owners) as well as the addition of new columns in the table (called btxmasw1) with manipulation of data to populate those columns. So everything has to happen in a certain order and each step has be be complete before the next step can take place. It was definitely simpler in SQL 2000. Thanks for your help!

i think you'll have better luck getting a good answer if you post in one of the Microsoft SQL Server forums

this forum is for ANSI SQL

r937.com | rudy.ca
Buy my new book Simply SQL from Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back