Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL View not available to Excel Power Query

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgillz

Instructor
Mar 2, 2001
US
Excel 2016, SQL Server 2008 (not R2).

I created a view in SQL, then wanted to to use Power Query to analyze the data. I created a view because my SQL was too complicated to be displayed graphically, and it must be able to be displayed graphically in order to use parameters.

So I did all this and it works perfectly on my machine (which has SQL 2019). However when I tried to deploy it to the customer, the view is not available to Excel Power Query (the tables are there). I can query the view in SSMS no problem.

Is there a setting somewhere that excludes views from Power Query? Or is this a limitation of SQL 2008? Any insights appreciated.

Edit - I can also see the view in Crystal Reports, which reinforces my thinking that this is an excel setting.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

SOLVED!

I downloaded the latest SQL Server Native Client ODBC Drivers and everything works perfectly.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back