Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL update Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jadexy

Technical User
Aug 3, 2005
DE
Hallo,

I have 2 tables:

SQL> desc flurstuecke_tab
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
FLST_ID NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
FLST_NR_ZAEHLER NOT NULL NUMBER(4)
FLST_NR_NENNER NUMBER(4)
ZUSATZ VARCHAR2(2)
FLUR_NR NOT NULL NUMBER(2)
GEMARK_SCHLUESSEL REF OF GEMARK_SCHLUESSEL_T
FLAECHE SDO_GEOMETRY
GEMARK_SCHL NUMBER(4)

SQL> desc gemark_schluessel_tab
Name Null? Type
----------------------------------------- -------- ----------------------------
GEMARK_ID NOT NULL NUMBER(8)
GEMARK_SCHL NUMBER(4)
GEMARK_NAME VARCHAR2(45)

In the columns gemark_schl are the same values and I want to connect the tables with this column. Now I wanna do and this works fine. but I don't want to do this for each gemark_schl in the table.

update flurstuecke_tab f set f.gemark_schluessel=(select ref(s) from gemark_schluessel_tab s where s.gemark_schl=101) where f.gemark_schl=101;

2027 rows updated.

So I tried this:

update flurstuecke_tab f set f.gemark_schluessel=(select ref(s) from gemark_schluessel_tab s INNER JOIN flurstuecke_tab f ON s.gemark_schl=f.gemark_schl); update flurstuecke_tab f set f.gemark_schluessel=(select ref(s) from gemark_schluessel_tab s INNER JOIN flurstuecke_tab f ON s.gemark_schl=f.gemark_schl)
* ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row

update flurstuecke_tab f set f.gemark_schluessel=(select ref(s) from gemark_schluessel_tab s); update flurstuecke_tab f set f.gemark_schluessel=(select ref(s) from gemark_schluessel_tab s)
* ERROR at line 1:
ORA-01427: single-row subquery returns more than one row

But it doesn't work. I don't know what to do else or whats wrong.

Thanks in advance
Tig

You first update works fine because the sub-query only returns one row for each row in the main table that you want to update. For it to update 2027 rows there must be 2027 rows in FLURSTUECKE_TAB that have a GEMARK_SCHL = 101.

What do you mean when you say that you don't want to do this for each gemark_schl in the table?

Hi jadexy,

it would be nice, if you post your questions in ONE Forum only.

Don't be impatient, a lot of Members are living and working in the US and they are several hours behind your time (guess you are located in Germany or Austria, aren't you?).

Regards

Roland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back