Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Sql to Crystal Formula Language

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phwrd

MIS
Apr 19, 2000
US
Please can anyone help translate the following sql command / concent into crystal 9 formula language ?

'select @number1,@number2 into @a,@aa where @testname='ABC'

@number 1 is the result of a numeric calculation in the report.
@a is a number, no decimals, parsed from a memo field and converted into a number.
@aa is a number, no decimals, that is the result of 100-@a.
@testname is the result of a parsing of a memo field.

Crystal formula language doesn't like a where statement.

I need 14+ different variables for testname, specific number1 and number2 based on the individual test names.

This is being badly attempted within crystal 9 on a access 2000 database. I don't want to add fields to the database and i would likt to accomplish this without a subreport if possible.

Thanks again for any help you all can give me.

H Phwrd,

To the best of my knowledge there is no way to do what you are asking unless you use parameters instead of variables in your SQL statement.

How can you select records based on a value in a report? It needs the records to do the calculation before providing that value into the SQL statement.

A subreport using shared variables is the only workaround I can think of.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

paulmarr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back