Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Statement Expression

Status
Not open for further replies.

mans

Programmer
Mar 18, 2000
AU
Hello,

I am using VB6 with Access2000. Can someone please let me know what code I can use to get information within the last 3 months eg. Select revenue.payment From revenue Where revenue.paydate between Date() and (Date (0 – 3 months)).

I understand the 3 months expression above is the wrong format but it shows you what I am trying to do. Is there a simple expression that I can use to look at data within the last week (s) and month (s).

Thank You

Use DateAdd in VB to calculate your two dates and then put them in the WHERE clause:
Code:
'Assumes date in question is ThisDate

Dim ThatDate as Date

ThatDate = DateAdd("m", -3, ThisDate)
Then your SQL would look like:
Code:
&quot;SELECT revenue.payment FROM revenue WHERE revenue.paydate >= #&quot; & ThatDate & &quot;# AND revenue.paydate <= #&quot; & ThisDate & &quot;#&quot;

Change
Code:
<=
to
Code:
<
and change
Code:
>=
to
Code:
>
if desired (not sure if you want the dates to be inclusive or not).

BETWEEN is a standard SQL operator, and is recognised by JET4:

SELECT myField FROM myTable WHERE myDate BETWEEN myFirstDate AND myLastDate

Format(DateDiff(&quot;d&quot;,7, Date()),&quot;\#mm\/dd\/yyyy\#&quot;) will return a date 7 days in the past ready to go into Access. If you need SQL syntax, just remove the 2 # signs

For months difference, substitute &quot;m&quot; for &quot;d&quot;

'People who live in windowed environments shouldn't cast pointers.'

Hmm, sorry. I originally wrote my sample using BETWEEN but I did a quick Help search for Access and didn't see it as an option so I used > and <. Glad it's a default part of the Jet engine.

Which makes me ask: where can I find documentation on what Jet does and doesn't support?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back