Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL SP3 upgrade = Exchange messenger errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmeboy

MIS
Jan 30, 2003
CA
Hello all.

We've recently upgraded our SQL server with Service pack 3 in response to the 'worm' threat. Now Exchange messenger cannot start, e-mail is fine, webmail is fine. We then upgraded Exchange with the latest service pack, but nothing is resolved. From the event viewer:

Type: Error
Source: MSExchangeDSAccess
Category: Topology
EventID: 2102

Process MAD.EXE (PID=2864). All Domain Controller Servers in use are not responding:
-PDC-
-BDC-

For more information, click

second error:

Type: Error
SOurce: ExchangeAL
Category: Service Control
EventID: 8250

The Win32 API call 'DsGetDCNameW' returned error code [0x862] The specified component could not be found in the configuration information. The service could not be initialized. Make sure that the operating system was installed properly.

iislockdown? urlscan?

maybe? don't find a clue really

/Bart

Thanks /Bart

I'll investigate further.

Anyone else with ideas, please contribute!

thank you
Mark

I'm battling a similar problem. Previously had Exchange installed w/sp3 and W2K with sp3. No problems. Then I installed SQL with sp3 and now my machine takes 15 minutes to shut down. When it reboots, I see all kinds of exchange error messages on the event log. If I shutdown exchange prior to shutdown, it works fine - nice and quick.

I just changed from 'secure' updates to 'yes' in the dns server. We'lls ee if that fixes anything. Next thing is to run regclean and clean out anything that SQL installed (I've uninstalled SQL already). Then after that, uninstall and reinstall exchange. I'll let oyu know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back