Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeremymc

Programmer
Oct 1, 2001
US
Has anyone had any problems or success with this service pack? I am scared to put it into production.
Thanks
jeremy

I put it in about 2 weeks ago. No problems so far and it solved a number of remote connectivity problems for me.

We discovered a bug in SP2 whereby the SQL Server Services shut themselves down with an 'Unknown Resource' error. I think this was confirmed as a problem by our Microsoft Support. On some occasions the actual NT Server would bounce itself.

Service Pack 3 fixes this issue and since we put it on haven't had any probs.

If you’re putting on a new service pack I would recommend going straight to SP3.

We've had no problems from this as yet.

Rick.

Where do you find SP3 for SQL 2000?
I only see SP2 which is what I was referring to in the question above for SQL 2000.

Sorry my mistake I was referring to SQL 7.0.

However I've not heard or come across any problems with SP2 on 2000 and have been looking in quite a few SQL forums recently.

Rick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back