Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server won't start **** AARRGGHHH!!!****

Status
Not open for further replies.

CInman

IS-IT--Management
Mar 15, 2001
GB
A SQL Server 7.0 won't start, saying that one of the datbases' logfile is full. I'm cool with clearing down full logfiles, but I don't understand how SQL Server won't start due to one being full? Of course, because it won't start, I cannot do anything ... ANY IDEAS ANYONE PLEASE VERY GRATEFULLY RECEIVED :)

Check you have enough disk space ! ________________________________________________________________________________
If you do not like change, get out of the IT business...

... thanks mate, but I've checked that and its not the problem. It tells me that database "Sunrise" has a full logfile and therefore refuses to start SQL Server ... how bizarre!?!

One way to do is that get the backup of that log file and then delete it and then create new log file to that "Sunrise.ldf" it think that would do it.

take care,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back