Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server '' Value is Null in SPT Query?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lameid

Programmer
Jan 31, 2001
US
That pretty much sums it up, I have a field that contains a zero length field in SQL server and by the time the result is passed back through a procedure call and SPT query it is null.

Only noteworthy thing I can think of is the field is nvarchar(max) on the SQL side. I would ideally like to address this without wrapping the value in my report code with NZ as in a perfect world I am justifying jumping to SQL backend and this would represent one more change that has to be applied. Technically I/we would be migrating a number of databases with similar functionality and this would be one more change to all of them. I suspect it is more than this one field and may be in more than one place.

Any insights would be appreciated.

FWIW, my connection string looks like below with obvious substitutions.

Code:
ODBC;DRIVER=SQL Server Native Client 11.0;SERVER=MyServer\MyConnection,1433;Trusted_Connection=Yes;APP=Microsoft Office 2013;DATABASE=MyDatabase

This question(?) has been out for a while with no response. If others are like me, I have no idea what you are asking or why. Can you boil this down to a question?

Duane
Minnesota
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP 2001-2016

i.e., you have a connection string which really has nothing to do with the field data types or their values.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back