Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server Timeout error?? HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkat

Programmer
Mar 9, 2001
US
I am randomly getting this error message with my production sites and I cant figure out what the problem is. (needless to say this is a bad problem to have in production)

Here is the exact error that is displayed on the screen:
----------------
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Drivers error '80004005'

[Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver] Timeout expired

/forums/forumsdisplay.asp, line 240
-----------------
on line 240 i have the code that executes an objConn.Open command that opens the connection to my SQL server. The error is not occuring on a SQL query, but on the initial OPEN. I looked everywhere for Timeout settings and I just updated all of my drivers and applied the latest SP to my SQl server. If anyone can help I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot!!!!

-Jason

I think the problem is in the ASP page.

try adding:
Server.ScriptTimeout = 600 (time in seconds)

thanks for the help. but i honestly dont think thats the problem. I can get the error when it seems like 4 seconds. i hit a page and BAM, almost instantly i get the error...and again, the error is happening on the objConn.OPEN commend not any actual asp queries or code (loops etc)

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back