Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server settings ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

fiven

Technical User
Jul 30, 2001
FR
Hello,
I am at present annoyed by the fact that when I make a request on SQL Server, it always sends me back 1000 lines but I have more than 1000 entrances in my table (and I make a select * from...).

Is there some configuration that needs to be done on sql server? I did not find anything in the documentation

Moreover, has anyone know if it's possible to create a view for an update?

look if u r using the SET ROWCOUNT n
if not try : SET ROWCOUNT 0 : that will switch it off

and for the update on view : use sql 2000 it is a new feature in it

Thanks magdyk for your advice but even if i try this:

SET ROWCOUNT 3000
GO
SELECT *
FROM vue
GO

SLQ always sends me back only 1000 rows.
The same result is obtained in using SET ROWCOUNT 0.

Are you querying a SQL Server table or a linked table of some other source? Terry Broadbent

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J Boorstin

My query attacks a view which is in relation to Active Directory(Windows 2K Server).

fiven
you need to be more specific as far as what vertion of SQL server are you using?
What plataform are you running Nt, 2000?
and the Query code and details like how are you calling that code?
this way help will be more efective
Thanks

This is not a SQL Server issue. It is an Active Directory issue. I posted this reply in another thread earlier this week.

-------------------------------------

I read the following in the microsoft.public.active.directory.interfaces Newsgroup.

"Active Directory will return a max of 1000 objects per query. You can use Paged Controls with LDAP queries, not certain what you can do with SQL Server. Alternatively, you can make a registry change for this limit on a server by server basis."

Unfortunately, he doesn't explain how to make the registry change and I can't help. Another entry in the newsgroup confirms the info about the 1000 record limit. The author of that note provided a link to his Active Directory page. It has several other links. Perhaps, you'll find something to help.

Terry L. Broadbent
faq183-874 contains some tips and ideas for posting questions in these forums. Please review it if you have time.

aalmeida,

Active Directory, if u don't know, is only present on Windows 2K Server.

tlbroadbent,

Thanks a lot for your informations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back