Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server server collation vs database collation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hubajube

Programmer
Mar 6, 2002
US
I am installing a database on a server with case-sensitive collation. Our database was installed on that server with case-insensitive collation. To install the objects, I have a script that runs oSQL commands. Some of the scripts require case insensitivity. (For example, a UDF uses the variables @ClaimID and @claimid interchangeably.) If I run the script to create this UDF on Query Analyzer, there is no problem, but running the same script with oSQL gives an error. Unfortunately, it looks like oSQL uses the server's collation property rather than the target db's.

Any easy way around this? Is there some oSQL setting I can change, for instance? Or is there something I can put in each object's script?

Did osql specify the database on the command line or does the script "USE .." - Could be different ? Also maybe another factor could be what is the default database for the login ?

Hmm. These are both good ideas. After I try them out (probably next week), I'll post the results here. Thanks Clay!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back