Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

SQL Server Replication

Status
Not open for further replies.

bombplayer

Programmer
Jul 3, 2001
US
Ok I am stuck in a catch-22. Over this weekend, I created a full transactional replication job on a 12 gig database including tables, sp's, the whole gammut. Something along the way screwed up and now I am trying to delete the subscription to the replication but the tempdb file fills up before the subscription is deleted at about 8 gig. Is there any way to delete part of a subscription or can I drop certain items from a subscription?

You can drop the subscription and then drop the articles
.Hope this would work. I am just guessing.

Cyno

Actually, Cyno, you would be correct. The subscription can be deleted from the Subscriber end or the publisher end. I prefer using the Publisher end. Right click the publication on the publisher, go to the Subscriptions tab, highlight the subscription in question, then hit delete.

If you've completely messed up your replication (like I did) and can't find the subscription, or try to delete it from the subscriber and can't find the publisher, you'll have to use T-SQL to drop the subscription. Go to for details on how to manually remove replication outside of Enterprise Manager.

After you've dropped the subscriptions affected, you can then make changes to your publication and resubscribe. If you don't need to drop items, only add them or change filters, you don't *have* to drop the subscription, but you will have to reinitialize, which amounts almost to the same thing (new snapshot, etc).

Hope this helps.

Catadmin - MCDBA, MCSA
"Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean the universe *isn't* out to get me!"

I meant the same.you are right.Should do from publication properties.

Cyno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back